Welcome to BrightRock’s corporate website (“the Website”). The Website is owned and operated by BrightRock Life Limited (company registration no: 1996/014618/06, FSP 11463) an authorised financial services provider and registered insurer.
For purposes of the Terms, “we”, “us”, “our” and “BrightRock” refers to BrightRock, while “you” refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or commenting on the Website, or his or her legal guardian.
- Use of the Website
- Use of the Website is solely at your own risk.
- By registering with the Website, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to update your information if it changes.
- In using the Website, you will not at any time:
- gain or try to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website;
- distribute or try to distribute any form of malicious or damaging code to or from the Website;
- use or try to use any unauthorised technology, including unauthorised search technology, on the Website;
- gather information about others without obtaining their prior written consent; or
- engage in any form of unauthorised or unlawful activity or behaviour.
- We will do our best to offer you the best possible service and to ensure the availability of the Website. However we take no responsibility for, and won’t be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Content of the Website
- The content on the Website is supplied by BrightRock. This information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice or a recommendation of any nature. In particular, the information included on the Website does not constitute financial advice, or any kind of financial service.
- We will make every effort to ensure the accuracy and quality of the content, materials or information published on the Website. However, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, adequacy, reliability or suitability of the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on, or linked to, or accessible from, the Website.
- Unless stipulated otherwise, BrightRock owns all copyright and other intellectual property rights in respect of the content, tools, materials, images, graphics, logos, designs, audio, downloads and other proprietary information that appears on the Website, the unauthorised use, copying, alteration, transfer or publication of which is strictly prohibited.
- Third party websites
- We have no control over the nature, content and availability of third party websites to which links appear on the Website. The inclusion of any such links on the Website does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- We are not responsible or liable for the contents, maintenance of, or activities conducted on, any website to which this Website provides a link. Despite the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to other websites, your use of such other websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising from your use of such other websites or your reliance on any information contained in such other websites.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website, whether under delict, contract, warranty, strict liability or negligence and whether or not we were advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such loss or damage. To the extent allowed by law, you hereby indemnify BrightRock, its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and agents against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party arising in any way from your use of the Website.
- We make no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on this website are free of viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation of a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software.
- Violation of terms
- In the event you violate these Terms, BrightRock has the right to terminate your access to the Website and take whatever additional steps it deems necessary. These steps may include claiming damages (including special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages), as well as claiming for loss of profits and loss of business.
- We may change the Terms from time to time. It is a good idea to check them regularly to make sure that you are familiar with the Terms applicable at the time of use.
- The individual provisions that make up the Terms are independent and severable from one another. This means that if a specific provision is invalid or unenforceable for any reason, this will not affect the remaining provisions, which will remain valid and enforceable.
- No relaxation or indulgence granted to you by BrightRock, or failure to enforce rights, will amount to a waiver or abandonment of those rights by BrightRock, nor preclude BrightRock from exercising those rights in the future.
- BrightRock is not bound to any express or implied term, representation or warranty not recorded in these Terms.
- The Terms are governed by, and to be interpreted in accordance with, the law of the Republic of South Africa.
- You agree that if any legal dispute arises from your use of this Website, such dispute will fall under the jurisdiction of the relevant South African courts.