Individual life cover
Our world-first needs-matched individual life insurance is made just for you, and changes with you as your life changes. You and your financial adviser can
co-create the best protection solution for you for your long-, medium-,
and short-term needs – because your needs are unique. And because our life cover matches your needs from the start, there’s no waste – it’s cost-efficient and sustainable.
More cover for your money
Every premium rand you spend with us works so much harder for you. We make sure you pay just for the cover you need – that’s how we’re able to give you around 40% more cover today for the same premium.
Your unique BrightRock policy
With BrightRock, you decide exactly how to cover your different financial needs if you were to get ill, suﬀer an injury or die. With us, you can get temporary expenses, permanent expenses, additional expense needs and death cover.
For your diﬀerent needs, you can choose:
- Whether you want your cover to pay out as a lump-sum, a regular monthly payment, or a combination of both;
- How your cover should grow and change to keep meeting your needs over time;
- The most appropriate duration for your cover; and
- You can change your cover when your needs change.
Features you get only with BrightRock
What’s more, we have features that are built into standard BrightRock policies (at no extra cost) that allow you to change your policy when your needs change:
- Our cover conversion facility gives qualifying clients the flexibility to redirect premiums for cover they no longer need to other financial needs and insurance events after they’ve had their BrightRock cover for three years or more – free of medical underwriting (to a maximum of R10 million). If you’ve claimed from your life insurance policy, this could affect what cover you can buy using this facility, but you can always use death cover premiums to buy more death cover, even if you’ve claimed;
- The extra cover buy-up facility gives qualifying clients the ability to buy more cover with no medical underwriting (to a maximum of R10 million, depending on the cover they already have) when their needs change. If you’ve claimed from your life insurance policy, this could affect what cover you can buy using this facility;
- With the yearly secured cover facility, qualifying clients have an annual opportunity to buy cover to the value of the lump-sum amount by which their income protection death cover has reduced during that year, with no underwriting.
Unrivalled protection and flexibility when you claim
Objective clinical criteria
- We use objective medical criteria based on clinical best practice guidelines to assess claims.
- We’ve also added the Personal Job Fitness Test and Job Fitness Test to ensure you can get the beneﬁt, where appropriate, of a pay-out based on your inability to work should your illness or injury not meet the medical criteria.
- With us, you have greater choice and flexibility for you – and above all, greater certainty that we’ll pay your valid claims.
- With BrightRock, you can choose how you want to receive your pay-out at claim stage for most of your needs, giving you the best of both worlds.
- You have the option, if you choose a lump-sum for your income protection needs, to change your initial choice of a lump-sum pay-out to a regular monthly pay-out at claim stage, based on their prognosis and circumstances at the time of claim.
- You can also choose to receive your temporary expenses pay-outs, for clinical conditions that have stated pay-out periods, as a lump-sum (or a combination of a lump-sum and recurring pay-out).
- We also oﬀer a choice of a lump-sum and recurring payments under our additional expense needs cover for serious illnesses and injuries.
Sign me up
Speak to your adviser, or sign up to have one contact you
Fill in your details, and we’ll have an accredited financial adviser contact you.